Legal Representation for Surveyors Leeds
Our expert employment law solicitors offer specialist representation for surveyors in all cases presented by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors(RICS).
The Regulatory Process
The disciplinary process, as outlined by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, is carried out according to the following procedure.
All complaints are initially managed by the Head of Regulation. They will present any complaint to the surveyor if found to be appropriate for further action. The surveyor has 28 days to respond, and the complainant may respond to the surveyor’s comments.
At this point, the Head of Regulation will decide to apply disciplinary action or to drop the matter. If the matter is dropped, the surveyor will be informed of methods and practices of conduct to avoid similar situations from occurring in the future.
Request a Call Back
The following courses of actionmay be delivered as a means of appropriate disciplinary procedure:
- A fixed penalty
- The presentation of a consent order that may include the application of possible terms:
- An agreement
- A fine
- Payment of costs
- The matter may further be referred to a disciplinary panel. Interim measures may be enforced if the case is to proceed to a hearing.
The surveyor,or their solicitor,will provide evidence in their defence. The hearing panel will determine, on the balance of probabilities, if the surveyor is guilty of the evidence brought before them, and if so, they may impose a penalty.
The following penalties may be enforced:
- A caution
- A reprimand
- The application of a particular action
- The application of certain conditions to retain membership or registration
- Removal from the register, prohibiting the surveyor from working in this field
The surveyorcan appeal against any decision or judgement to the High Court within 28 days of the decision.
Internal disciplinary proceedings
We also represent any surveyor involved in cases where their employer or line manager has brought internal disciplinary proceedings against them.
Representation for surveyors in cases of regulatory proceedings
If you are subject to legal proceedings in respect to your role as a surveyor, please contact us on 0113 4334 118, or complete the form on our enquiry page. One of our dedicated team will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your case, possible outcomes and all of your available options.
- Employment Solicitors Leeds
- Legal representation for Teachers
- Legal Representation for Social Workers
- Legal Representation for Architects
- Legal Representation for Financial Advisors and Financial Advice Companies
- Legal Representation for Accountants and Actuaries
- Dismissal and Discrimination Claims
- Employment Law
- Settlement Agreements
Our team is headed up by Louise Carr who had specialised in employment law for more than 15 years. She regularly appears in the employment tribunal and has been particularly involved in dealing with complex multi-day discrimination claims.
Craig McCracken is a Director in our employment team who also specialises in employment law with over 14 years’ experience in dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters.In the most recent Legal 500 clients described Louise as being “accessible and down to earth” providing “clear and concise advice…in an exceptionally personable way”. Craig was described as “very knowledgeable and approachable” giving “sound advice”.