Our expert employment law solicitors offer specialist representation for accountants and actuaries in all cases presented by:
- Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFOA).
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for all disciplinary matters of accountancy and actuarial professions. Pre
vious to the FRC, the Accountancy and Actuarial Disciplinary Board managed the disciplinary matters within this industry.
A conduct committee oversees the FRC in the following matters:
- Managing investigations
- Launching disciplinary proceedings (where a case for such arises)
- Introducing sanctions applying to behavioural misconduct
- Managing operations and reviews of the regulation and discipline system with respect to making changes
The FRC manages all cases involving public interest. All other cases will be managed by the appropriate body responsible for individual jurisdiction. The FRC can refer a case to an alternate professional body where appropriate.