Legal representation for accountants and actuaries Leeds
Our expert employment law solicitors offer specialist representation for accountants and actuaries in all cases presented by:
- Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFOA).
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for all disciplinary matters of accountancy and actuarial professions. Previous to the FRC, the Accountancy and Actuarial Disciplinary Board managed the disciplinary matters within this industry.
A conduct committee oversees the FRC in the following matters:
- Managing investigations
- Launching disciplinary proceedings (where a case for such arises)
- Introducing sanctions applying to behavioural misconduct
- Managing operations and reviews of the regulation and discipline system with respect to making changes
The FRC manages all cases involving public interest. All other cases will be managed by the appropriate body responsible for individual jurisdiction. The FRC can refer a case to an alternate professional body where appropriate.
Request a Call Back
The Disciplinary Process
- Preliminary Enquiry
- The decision to commence disciplinary action
- Disciplinary tribunal hearing
- Delivery of punishment where misconduct is proved
Internal Disciplinary Proceedings
We also represent any accountant or actuary involved in cases where their employer or line manager has brought internal disciplinary proceedings against them.
Representation for accountants and actuaries in cases of regulatory proceedings
If you are subject to legal proceedings in respect to your role as an accountant or actuary, please contact us on 0113 4334 118, or complete the form on our enquiry page. One of our dedicated team will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your case, possible outcomes and all of your available options.
Our team is headed up by Louise Carr who had specialised in employment law for more than 15 years. She regularly appears in the employment tribunal and has been particularly involved in dealing with complex multi-day discrimination claims.
Craig McCracken is a Director in our employment team who also specialises in employment law with over 14 years’ experience in dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters.In the most recent Legal 500 clients described Louise as being “accessible and down to earth” providing “clear and concise advice…in an exceptionally personable way”. Craig was described as “very knowledgeable and approachable” giving “sound advice”.